Movement Matters Aims to “I.M.P.R.E.S.S”
Our mission is to keep people active and healthy, with 2 aims including:
Primary Aims – To provide safe exercise programs that:
- Improve – Improve the physical capacity and choices for a healthy satisfying lifestyle.
- Maintain – Maintain physical, mental and social vitality at optimal levels (Management)
- Prevent – Prevent further deterioration in health conditions and physical function as far as possible (Protection and rehabilitation)
- Promote – Promote positive and realistic attitudes and approaches to exercise and ageing
- Reduce – Reduce physical problems and fears associated with ageing
- Educate – Educate and provide appropriate information to reduce the perceptions associated with exercise and ageing
- Support – Support the efforts of people to become and remain as active as much as possible
- Sustain – Sustain programs on a long term basis to assist the individual retain independence and quality lifestyle
Maintaining and Managing Meaningful Movement to Postpone, Protect, Preserve and Prevent unforeseeable declines in Physical and Mental Functional Abilities
Movement Matters Exercise Goals
The overall goal of exercise in later life should involve the means to improve, maintain and/or prevent unnecessary functional decline and optimise physical and mental abilities. Exercise programs should, as much as is reasonably possible:
- Involve relevant and realistic graded activity programs to enable the body to move as much as possible with safety and confidence
- Enable every person to maintain their overall fitness, health and well-being that would include appropriate, tailored exercise programs.
MOVEMENT MATTERS is at the forefront of the business of maintaining movement for the mature adult by providing health and fitness information and exercise programs. It has been in existence since 1997 and focuses on exercise to keep people active and functioning well.
Sally Castell (Owner and Director) has a background in physiotherapy, recreational therapy, health promotion, fitness leader and community/health education. Over the years she has had many positions working in various health departments and for NGO’S. Sally has gained vast practical work experience in rehabilitation centres, hospitals, retirement centres, community settings and health promotion projects in the UK and Australia. A number of community projects been implemented over the years in association with various Universities in Sydney involving the planning and implementation of exercise programs on issues such as community programming, falls prevention, depression and strength training.
With this experience Sally is in the ideal position to provide the appropriate advice and guidance on health issues and exercise programs that are relevant and safe for the less active and able person. In the last few years Sally has had a major focus on providing programs and supporting those people who are finding movement, for various reasons, more challenging and difficult. This has the potential to reduce individuals’ ability to function easily and safely.
Classes and education programs are conducted throughout the year at various facilities and are designed specifically to accommodate all abilities, cultural backgrounds and conditions. The exercise programs are developed and graded to provide functional, relevant, appropriate and safe movement and activities for all participants.
“The overall challenge is for everyone to find the ways and means to remain active, healthy and as safe as is possible, and for as long as possible. This will enable people to keep being involved in the many dimensions required to remain independent, in control and to have a quality fulfilling life”
– Sally Castell
Please contact us for more information please press button down below.