Classes – Safety first
Safety is number one priority
There are many variables and levels of fitness and health of people at the beginning of any exercise program. Everyone is an individual with different needs, abilities and expectations
Looking after Yourself Matters
Any exercise program should suit your fitness / health needs and expectations…so find the fitness regime that suits you.
- Screening is required for all new participants
- A medical clearance for some health issues may be requested
For safety reasons some adaptations (grading) of exercises may be necessary especially those people with a specific health condition e.g. arthritis, back issues
It is responsibility of every participant to obtain written medical clearance prior to commencement or recommencement in the classes if they have a specific condition that needs attention and needs to be monitored. Please consider all safety issues when undertaking any exercise modality and if in doubt, have any concern s or you have any queries about things e.g. the correct way of undertaking any exercise
Your Safety Matters – Guidelines
It is important that when we recommence the classes the NSW health guidelines are adhered to. We need to be vigilant with issues such as social distancing, hand and equipment cleaning; signing on etc. Please see the guidelines below
For your safety on arrival to community facilities, please ensure the following protocols are met (as set by NSW Health)
Social distancing and gatherings numbers
- All participants must apply physical distancing measures as set by NSW Health i.e. staying 1.5 metres away from others and stand in a position marked if present
- All participants must use hand sanitiser or wash their hands with soap and running warm water before starting an activity in the facility.
- Participants must follow good hygiene practises of regular cleaning of commonly touched surfaces and equipment throughout their time in the community facility.
- Participants must bring your own equipment e.g. resistance bands, name badges and clean them after use plus hand wipes if possible
- You are welcome to wear gloves and a mask during the activities
- A record of the name and a mobile number or email address of all participants, volunteers and visitors attending the class during each hire period is required. (Records are to be kept for 28 days)
Keeping the venue sanitised
The virus can be spread from person to person or by touching unclean equipment or surfaces. To stop the spread please focus efforts on keeping high touch areas clean. Please consider the environment and what is frequently used and touched by people.
- Wipe down all chairs used
- Wipe with disinfectant all ‘touch points’ e.g. doors, door handles, handrails, light switches, taps etc.
NB. When entering any facility please check on and comply with the protocol set by that
organisation e.g. where to enter, signing in, place to meet before class etc.
Class information. Classes being staggered to allow time to get things organised and running
Comments are closed.